Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Then she text me back and said, "NO mom, WE got Dumped on last night" and she sent me this...
And I said, "Gee you are right honey, I guess it could be worse"! To which she replied, "Worse, you mean better right mom? Gosh this is the most raddest (translation...best, most awesome)powder ever"?? Which makes me say, I guess it is all in how you look at it, and, I now know my daughter is living exactly where she is supposed to be!!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Yes, My full name is Suzanne Marie, my mom's cousin/ my Godmother's name. When I was young I wished for a name that didnt begin with an "s" because I had a lisp. I sometimes wish people called me Suzanne, but oh well. Also, a funny name thing happened to me. 2 years ago I needed to get a new drivers license, I took my birth certificate as a form of id. The girl typed my name Susanne and I said oh no, it is Suzanne, the way it has been spelled my whole life, she said no mam, look, it is Susanne, sure enough it is. I called my mom and asked her why she spelled my name different on the birth certificate, and she said i absolutely did not, that dumb nurse filled it out wrong, wrong or not, my official spelling is now, Susanne.(i promise my other answers are very short)
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? When I put my daughter on the plane to start her new life in Salt LAke City, a very sad day for me.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? It is ok.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Honey Ham, yum
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? YEP, 2 Bryan and Nikki
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? You bet, I am a fun gal!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Who me, NEVER!
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, got em out when I was 5 and have not been to the doctors for an illness since.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I wish I could say yes, but I am a chicken, so, no.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cheerios, original, with milk and a little sugar
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? You're supposed to untie them?
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Graeters chocolate chocolate chip, double yum!
13. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their Smile :)
14. RED OR PINK? Red
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Oh Gosh, there is not enough room on my blog to list it all....
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? I miss Nikki, but I know I can see her whenever, so I would say Gran, my husbands grandma, we did everything together!
17. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?? Sure, these are fun to do!
18. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black pants with my black lined crocs!
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Our woodstove motor, and me typing away!
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Orange, dont know why it just popped into my head!
21. FAVORITE SMELLS? Something baking in my oven!
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My boss.
23. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO POSTED THIS NOTE? Sure, she seems like she is alot of fun!
24. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football, go Bengals!
25. HAIR COLOR? Well if I can remember correctly before it turned gray and before I started coloring, a blah boring brown.
26. EYE COLOR? Blue
27. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Nope, but I wear glasses
28. FAVORITE FOOD? Pizza, pizza, and, oh yes more pizza!
29. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy, sappy, I love em!
30. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? My hubs and I went to see Marley and me, see above answer!
31. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black sweater with kelly green and white trim
32. SUMMER OR WINTER? I prefer Spring and Fall
33. HUGS OR KISSES? I love me a big bear hug!
34. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cheesecake, all kinds!
35. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Not to sure, but I hope people do, this is fun!
36. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? No idea
37. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? None now, but I just finished High on a Hill, by Dorothy Garlock, very good.
38. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? lots of scribbles.
39. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Last night we went to see Grease at the Theater in Cincy, it was fun, cant stop singing the songs! And Taylor Hicks was in it!
40. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? I have to say my cell phone ringing, if it is my kids or hubby calling.
41. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Oh Beatles all the way!
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Hawaii, aloha!
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I can do the Elvis lip, does that count???
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? The Queen City, Cincinnati, Ohio
45. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Everyones!
46. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? We literally grew up right across the street from each other, the first and only person we each dated, kinda boring huh??
WEll, I thought maybe since I am new to blogland, this would be a quick way for people to learn a little bit about me, let me know if you decide to do it too! Thanks for reading all the way to the end!
Saturday, January 24, 2009
he is a thoughtful boyfriend,
and a loving big brother to his sister, and he is a great friend to all of his buddies! Has he always been easy, no,
could he drive me crazy with worry sometimes?
but have I always loved him, YES!
Happy Birthday Bryan, 25 years ago today you made all my dreams come true by making me a MOM. I love you so much!
Thursday, January 22, 2009
And if you are indeed sleeping, and dont have those extra 7 to 8 hours a night, I need your hints, your suggestions, and your tricks for getting at least a little housework done while still having time for your blog.
If things don't change quickly I am afraid "our really empty nest" of 2 is going to become "my really lonely nest of 1".
Help me out here gals!
Sunday, January 18, 2009
We are having fun doing things together. On Friday night we went to see MArley and Me and out to dinner with friends of ours. We had a great time. I just wish someone, besides the waiter right before we went into the movie, had warned us that it was a definite tear jerker. I can see why it has been the #1 movie, it was just a sweet movie. But my oh my the 4 of us blubbered like there was no tomorrow.
Then on Saturday we went out to dinner with 2 other couples and then back to the one couples house for dessert. After dinner we got online and planned our first big group vacation. We have gone to my parents lake house in Tennessee for long weekends before, but this year we decided that we were going to take a "real" vacation together. Because one of the guys has to have heart surgery this week, he is hesitant to go out of the country this summer, not knowing how good hospitals are on some of these islands. So after much talk, and online research, we have decided on Sedona Arizona. Isn't it beautiful?? Have any of you ever been there? If so, please tell me about it!
We are close to Pheonix, the Grand Canyon, and only 4 hours from Vegas. I am not a gambler, at all, but have always wanted to go there once. It is a destination on several of our bucket lists.
So we found some beautiful homes that we are inquiring about to rent, and checking on airfare. Of course we live 15minutes from Greater Cincinnati Airport, which has the distinction of being the most expensive airport in the USA, so we are also considering departing from other local airports. I am excited, it is so fun to plan vacations, even if they are 6 months away. The planning is almost as much fun as the vacation itself!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
We played some games and she ate her lunch, well most of it, lol and then I was off to meet a friend for a little shopping and lunch. Our first stop was the Gap Outlet, the only true Gap outlet in the world. I have been to the Gap stores in the outlet malls and believe me this one is soo different. Waaay cheaper prices, but alot more damaged items too, you really have to look. My job today was to pick up 120 hats and gloves, at 99 cents each, some have $25.00 price tags on them from Banana Republic, for my sister to hand out for her outreach program for her Church. Next we hit Taco Bell, wow, it was newly remodeled and looked just like a Chipotle, it was too cool! Then to my favorite store in the whole wide world, Home Goods. Since my daughter has decided to move to SLC, I decided that I would redecorate her room, and wanted to see what I could find for that, I found a few different looks that I liked,but am not sure what I will go with. On my next post I will show pics of what I picked up there and at my second favorite store, TJ Maxx. But right now everything is still in the car, not that my hubby would mind, but why go there now, until I have a plan and know which direction I am going. Hopefully I can get some ideas from all of you talented ladies!
I got home, Nikki, the MIA daughter called again, two days in a row, I wonder if she read my blog??? No, she just wanted to tell me about a crash she took while skiing off a cliff, intentionally, which she landed wrong, thanks Nik, I needed to hear about that!
Made some dinner, did a little computer work for the Hoosier Wallbed Company I work for, and watched American Idol, I love the beginning when they have people on who sound as bad as I do, how fun, at least I know I stink, lol!
Trimmed my furry baby, and wrote a blog, this one. All and all a great day in the life of ME!
Stay warm everyone, the weather guy says the temps are going to be as cold as they have been in 12 years, how come they never get that wrong?? Thanks for stopping by! Sue
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Ok, if has been 3 days since I have heard from my precious daughter Nicole. Little miss independant! All I ask as a mom who has done EVERYTHING for her children is a call, a text, an email. ANYTHING just so I know you are alive and all is well. Ok, to be honest, she is out in Salt Lake City with friends, so in reality if anything was wrong or did happen, I would know. But is it too much to ask for a "Hey mom, just wanted to say hi and to let you know I am ok" text??? I know I will hear from some who say gee, cut the apron stings already.... but when that string has been attached to that child for 21 years, it is a hard string to cut.
On a better note, I am enjoying spending time with the hubby. I knew I loved him, but he can drive me absolutely CRAZY at times, and I was scared that when the kids left it would be bad. You see, my family moved onto the street where he grew up, in Cincinnati, when I was in 4th grade, about 9 years old, and about 38 years ago, yes, put your fingers down, I will turn 47 next month, lol. So I have known my husband 38 years. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17. We got married when I was 19, no I wasnt pregnant, just in love, lol. So after all these years, I was afraid that we would have nothing to talk about when we didnt have the kids to talk about. But SURPRISE we still do! We are about as total opposites as two people can be, but like they say opposites attract., and we are still attracting, ha! I love spicey food, he is a bland meat and potatoes guy. I love to read, he loves to skydive. I and a night owl, he is early to bed. He loves the outdoors, I prefer the indoors. He wants a small house on a lot of acres, I like our big house with just a couple acres. So you get the point, we are different, but somehow it works for us. We have been a family of 4 for almost 25 years, and it is an adjustment to go back to being a family of 2. Right now we have alot of left overs after dinner, I have to learn to cook less, lol. Join me for the ride on this new adventure we have started.
Have a great day and stop by again soon!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Now it is time to think about me, but how? How do you start putting yourself and your needs first? I am so out of practice. I would love to hear from other woman who are going thru or who have gone thru this chapter in life and know how you are dealing with or have dealt with things? I am ready to get my feet wet and start wading in the shallow end, but gosh is it scary! Help!