Sunday, January 11, 2009

3 Days and counting...


3 Days and Counting.....
Ok, if has been 3 days since I have heard from my precious daughter Nicole. Little miss independant! All I ask as a mom who has done EVERYTHING for her children is a call, a text, an email. ANYTHING just so I know you are alive and all is well. Ok, to be honest, she is out in Salt Lake City with friends, so in reality if anything was wrong or did happen, I would know. But is it too much to ask for a "Hey mom, just wanted to say hi and to let you know I am ok" text??? I know I will hear from some who say gee, cut the apron stings already.... but when that string has been attached to that child for 21 years, it is a hard string to cut.
On a better note, I am enjoying spending time with the hubby. I knew I loved him, but he can drive me absolutely CRAZY at times, and I was scared that when the kids left it would be bad. You see, my family moved onto the street where he grew up, in Cincinnati, when I was in 4th grade, about 9 years old, and about 38 years ago, yes, put your fingers down, I will turn 47 next month, lol. So I have known my husband 38 years. We started dating when I was 15 and he was 17. We got married when I was 19, no I wasnt pregnant, just in love, lol. So after all these years, I was afraid that we would have nothing to talk about when we didnt have the kids to talk about. But SURPRISE we still do! We are about as total opposites as two people can be, but like they say opposites attract., and we are still attracting, ha! I love spicey food, he is a bland meat and potatoes guy. I love to read, he loves to skydive. I and a night owl, he is early to bed. He loves the outdoors, I prefer the indoors. He wants a small house on a lot of acres, I like our big house with just a couple acres. So you get the point, we are different, but somehow it works for us. We have been a family of 4 for almost 25 years, and it is an adjustment to go back to being a family of 2. Right now we have alot of left overs after dinner, I have to learn to cook less, lol. Join me for the ride on this new adventure we have started.
Have a great day and stop by again soon!
Side note.... I finally talked to her. All is well, she just is having too good of a time, and just no time, not even 20 seconds to text her dear mother. I have added a pic of my precious girl, lol!

5 comments:

Janene said...

Hello Sue~
Thank you for stopping by my blog...I so enjoy meeting new people!
I stopped over here to say thank you and then I just couldn't stop reading...I am going to add you to my favs so that I can keep up with what you are doing!
It is hard when the kids don't check in "just to let us know"!
I have 2 girls that are in college and I just like to know that everything is okay!
I met my husband when I was 14 years old...he was 17 years and we have been together ever since! 22 years it will be this year...and 6 girls later and we are still in love!
Looks like we have a lot in common!
Stop by anytime...I would love to have ya!
Have a good weekend!

Janene said...

Sue...When you go to your dashboard to type a new post you will see a bunch of icons on the top of that section...hover over each one...you will want to click on the picture...it will take you to a screen where you can retrieve your pictures from your computer. Just click on browse and pick choose where your photos are stored. Play with it a little bit. If you look on my blog page you will see a message on the top left hand side of my page that says the world cutest blog...click on that and you will be taken to a sight to choose one of many backgrounds. I hope this helps some. I had to play around alot before I figured out the basics...I still don't know how to do so much!

Janene said...

I will help you as much as I can...and it is really no problem.
Go to the layout page of your blogger. Here is where you can add a bunch of different things to your blog...
Down at the bottom you will see "add a gadget", click on that. Scroll down to HTML/JavaScript. Click onto the plus symbol. Here is where you will add the text that you highlighted and copied when you right clicked. Right click on the large blank box and paste. Make sure you check on save so that this will be saved to your blog.
The way to write around your pictures is to upload all of your photos onto your writing page first. Remember the last picture you upload will appear first. So the first one will be last. Then when typing your text you can move the cursor to under your pictures to write more...does that make any sense?
If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

nikkicrumpet said...

Hey Sue! Welcome to blogland! You're gonna love it here! I feel your pain. I'm 48 and all three of mine have left the nest. Not only that but I live in New England and they are in Utah and Texas! So it's doubly hard. I've told them if they don't call me at least 3 times a week I will call the police and have them come looking for them! It works most of the time lol. Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

Linda said...

Hi Sue - nice to meet you! I can relate to much of what you were saying. My daughter was the same way at that age. Thankfully, now she is calls much more often,even when I know she is 5 minutes away. I also worried about what DH and I would talk about when we were finally empyt nesters. I was 17 when I met him and got married at 20 and we will be married 34 years in June. But we found our niche and it is great - we too are opposites in so many way. I hope you truly enjoy your empty nest!