Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Home Show and not a Carter Oesterhouse to be found!

I am home and I couldnt be happier!! For the past 10 days I have been working the Indianapolis Home Show. I work for a really nice family from our Church, they own The Hoosier Wallbed Co. They build beautiful wallbeds, like the old Murphy beds, only way better! I got to meet many very interesting people on my 10 day trip...a single woman along with her mother for support from Alberta NY who came to Indiana to adopt a new baby boy, Charlie, a little cutie, a woman who has 3 sons, but had to send one of them to jail for stabbing her several times, scary! and a guy who thinks it is a terrible tradition that the brides father has to pay for the wedding, his daughter just got married, lol, among many others! My experience was made alot tougher as I was in an automobile accident the night before I left. I was heading to the grocery to get some food in the house for my husband, when I hit a patch of ice and ran right into a telephone pole, why does it seem that people are always hitting telephone poles when they are so few and far between?? Long story short, I totalled our car, had to ride in an ambulance, got x-rays, and was told my foot was not broken, a fact I still find hard to believe as 11 days later, I am still in alot of pain, even wearing the ugly little bottie shoe they gave me to wear, ARGHHHHHH!
I worked the Home and Garden Show in Cincinnati last year and enjoyed my 15 minutes of fame
when I posted this pic of me and Carter Oesterhouse on HGTV's Rate My Space!
Maybe some of you remember that?!?!
I searched and searched this Home Show for Carter, or Ty, or one of the HGTV Hotties, but alas all I found was Kate Gosselin from John and KAte Plus 8. Kate is great, but she is definitely no Carter Oesterhouse, lol.
I better get off here, I think the hubs is feeling slighted, lol. I hope all of you have a great week, I will be busy getting ready for the Luncheon I am hosting on my birthday for all the great women who have touched my life, (I will tell you more about that later)and for the Dinner that I am giving as a thank you to all the volunteers that work at our local food pantry, how do I get myself into this stuff? lol.

11 comments:

marty39 said...

My my, you have really had some week or so. How could you stand to be on your feet so long at the show. I use to go to those things and they are real killers. So sorry about your car, but how wonderful that you were really seriously hurt. Hugs, Marty

Bo said...

Good to hear you weren't seriously injured in the wreck...if your foot is sprained, it will take longer to heal than if it was broken...at least that's what a doc told me a couple of years ago when I sprained mine.
Take care, ;-) Bo

mbkatc230 said...

So sorry about your accident! Those nasty phone poles have a habit of jumping out at you right at the most inopportune moments, don't they? Glad you weren't seriously injured and that you were able to attend the home show. It sounds like fun, even though there was no Carter around tee hee. Kathy

Janene said...

I LOVE Carter! Is he a hottie in person as he is on tv?
I would love to go to the "Home and Garden Show". My parents went Saturday to the one in Cleveland...they go every year! Do they invite me to go? Uh, NO! I get the fun job of taking care of their dog! Some how I think that I am missing out! LOL

Stellar Creations said...

Wow.. I'm glad you are okay. I know we are just getting to know one another via blogs but I sure would miss you.. hugs. Thanks for visiting my blog, I am now following yours as well. Let's toast to knew friends :)

Hugs,
Stella

nikkicrumpet said...

It sounds like you had a fabulous time...well except for that crash and ambulance ride. I'm so glad you're okay! And so sorry about your car. I do remember that picture of you and Carter...and I'm still JEALOUS!

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Thank youn so much for coming by my blog to visit! We have a lot in common! I will be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary this year! My boys are 16 & 20 both juniors! A few more years before we're empty nesters! Your blog is beautifully done! Doesn't hurt to have a pic of Carter!!!!!I bet he's even better lookin' in person! DROOL!!!I'm glad you're not seriously hurt! Sorry to hear about your foot! They make good pills for that don't they?! I'm kidding! God Bless you today! lauralu

Linda said...

I am so sorry about your accident and no Carter - at least you got to meet him once - drool! Was Kate nice? I love that show!

I hope your foot feels better! hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Thank you,
However I am going through difficulties with your RSS.

I don't know the reason why I am unable to subscribe to it. Is there anybody having identical RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution can you kindly respond? Thanks!!

Feel free to surf to my weblog; Minecraft Premium hacks

Anonymous said...

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are
added- checkbox and from now on every time a comment is added I receive four emails with the exact
same comment. Is there a means you can remove me from
that service? Thanks!

Take a look at my web page; free minecraft

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a precise clarification of the issues.
It was really informative. Your website is very useful. Many thanks for sharing!


my web-site gain money fast