Friday, March 6, 2009

HELP!!!!! I Got IT BAD

Okay, last week I was invited to go to lunch with my mom and some of her friends. After lunch we were going to do a little shopping at Home Goods and TJ MaXX, my two favorite stores, perfect day! On the way to lunch my mom took me to a part of Cincinnati that I had never been before and low and behold as I was looking around I saw this sign....




Well not this exact sign but you get the idea. It was attached to a HUGE brick building and I started to drool a little. Now I quickly realized that if I mentioned to my mom that I had started Thrift store shopping, she would probably break down in tears thinking her eldest child and family were destitute, lol. I decided to keep my mouth shut and go on about my business. We had a great lunch and a fun shopping day.
Now for the problem, I can not stop thinking about that big brick Thrift Store. I am dreming about it and In my mind I just know that it holds all the fantastic treasures that all of you other bloggers find all the time, and for the life of me I cant remember exactly where it is!
So if any bloggers live in the Cincinnati area and know of a big brick Thrift Store near the Rookwood Commons, PLEASE send me details, I am begging!
Hope everyone has a great weekend, it is supposed to be glorious here, unfortunately I am working the Cincy Home and Garden Show Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, indoors,:(
Happy Thrifting! Sue

13 comments:

Janene said...

UGH!
I feel so bad for you!
You should have just came clean with your Mom! Then you would have your home full of wonderful treasures!
Not to rub it in...but I stopped at my GW last evening and bought gobs and gobs of fantastic items!
Now, call your Mommy and get the directions! You big Baby! LOL

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You have just got to go back and hit that store! LOL! I think I would have confessed by addiction, and who knows? Maybe your mom might get addicted, too! LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Julie said...

Maybe you could google the address....good luck!! I'm sure there are many treasures ahead. Have a fun time at the show!! Julie

Stellar Creations said...

LOL.. that's too funny girl. Maybe tell your mom you think you lost an earring at lunch so you need to go back and have her give you the directions you took. Just a thought.. we gals gotta stick together.. lol. Have a great day.

Hugs,
Stella

Lynette said...

Girl - you got it bad!!

Good Luck on your search!!

Bo said...

Hi Sue...yeah, you've got it bad if you are now dreaming about Thrift stores..I barely know where Cincinnati is so I can't help you out with the Thrift's location...
;-) Bo

Liz said...

Oh that is not good! You really must find this potential treasure trove and face it head on! Just think of all the pretties that you could be missing out on?!

~Liz

linda said...

Yep you've got the bug (me too!)

I hope someone knows where this store is and lets you know soon...before you drive yourself crazy!

Have a great weekend!

marty39 said...

Tell your mom you're being extra thrifty and saving for the kids college education and ask where she took you. She may enjoy going too, especially if she likes TJMaxx. Hugs, Marty

marty39 said...

Thanks for stopping by and your gracious comments on my BR redo. I'm so glad you've found some great things at your GW. It is a worthy cause and the price is right. It's just about the greatest thing since sliced bread for a real bargain. Hugs, Marty

Sonny and Bryan said...

i went to goodwill on friday! it was awesome! i got a vase and 2 martini glasses for 5 dollars!! you would be proud lol

Picket said...

Good grief girl...I didn't know you had a dark side to you...keeping secrets from your own mama! You can't keep stuff like that pent up in you....it's liable to cause bloating! Just go on out there and get it over with! What else you been keeping from your mama...probably got a tattoo hid out somewhere! Girl you have got it bad!!! lol

Sonny and Bryan said...

http://www.lifeofsonnyandbryan.blogspot.com

EVERYONE SHOULD CHECK OUT OUR BLOG!!!! I am Sues Son.