Sunday, May 31, 2009
My friend Robin at Alabama Slacker Mom has tagged me in this About Me 8 Tag, this should be FUN!
Now here are the rules...
Yes, there are rules, otherwise this could get CRAZY, lol!
1. Mention the person who tagged you.
2. Complete the list of 8's.
3. Tag 8 other bloggie buddies and let them know they have been tagged.
OK, here we go!!
8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing Nikki, aka Miss Independent
2. Going to Sedona with our friends
3. Going to the Lake House with friends
4. Redecorating our guest bedrooms
5. Getting my first commission check from selling a bunch of beds for Hoosier Wallbeds
6. Being able to walk again without pain and a limp, this should be #1, I think
7. Being a grandma, but I can wait a couple of years, Bryan and Nikki, did you hear me? lol
8. Getting our house clear of clutter, I have been looking forward to this for a long long time, and the hubs has been too!
8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Woke up on our last day of vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama
2. Saw a dolphing playing in the Gulf right before we left the condo, it was like, cue the dolphin, make the folks want to come back next year, and we do, lol.
3. Drove almost 12 hours home with the hubs, and my sister and her hubby
4. Finished reading my third book of the week, Honor Thy Self, Danielle Steele, it was good
5. Had lunch at Arby's and an icecream cone from McDonalds, yum!
6. Saw a lady trucker almost run us off the road, gee lady just because you put your turn signal on doesnt mean you can just come on over!
7. Heard that my son's girlfriend, Sonny at Life with Bronny broke her shoulder in 3 places riding Bryan's little dirtbike, poor thing, I hope she doesnt need surgery!
8. Got to see my sweet little furbabies, Dexter and Madison, after being gone for 8 days. Dexter literally leaped into my arms when he saw me, now that is love!
8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Cure my dad's cancer I pray that his doctors can do this!
2. Lose weight
3. Do more to help the poor in our community
4. Juggle, I have always wanted to learn how dont ask me why?
5. I wish I would have tried harder to have more children, when it didnt happen naturally. But that ship has definitely sailed and I will wait to be a grandma.
6. I wish I would have gone to college, yes I know I still can, but I am over it now!
7. I wish I liked the taste of wine, so I could have a glass with my winofriends, I mean my girlfriends, lol.
8. I wish I was a tidier person.
8. I wish I could paint a picture
8. I wish I could play Christmas music on the Piano
8. I wish I would travel more
8. I wish I wasnt such a whimp about so many things!
( Sorry 8 just wasnt enough, ha)
8 Shows I watch:
1. Regis and Kelly
3. The View
5. Grey's Anatomy
6. Private Practice
7. American Idol
8. John and Kate Plus 8
( Dont judge me, lol)
8 Favorite Fruits:
3. Fresh Pineapple, my favorite
4. Strawberries, esp from our garden, I just picked a cup and a half of them this morning, they taste like candy, so much better then store bought!
8. Pineapple, I know I already listed it, but it is sooo good, I have eatenn it until I had sores in my mouth, dont judge me, ha!
8 Places I would like to go:
5. St Thomas, our friends are building a beautiful home there and we can not wait to check it out!
6. Anywhere on a cruise, esp. Alaska
7. Any other island in the world
8. Basically anywhere with family or friends is good for me!!
8 Places I have lived:
1. Sharonville, Ohio
2. Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
3. Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Harrison, Ohio (first married)
5. Cincinnati, Ohio (moved back there when our first child was born)
6. Bright, Indiana (built here 20+years ago, and still live here)
7.&8. I am boring these are the only places I have lived, no 7th and 8th.
8 People I have tagged:
1. Sonny @ Life with Bronny
2. Timi @ A girl named Timi
3. Janene @ primitive lifestyles
4. Dot @ Picket's place
5. Kat @ Emptynester
6. Marty @ A Stroll
7. Rue @ Rue's Peanut
butter and Jelly Life
8. I am now tagging everyone else who wants to play along, it is too hard to just tag 8 friends!
Friday, May 22, 2009
But Then I take a look at some of the pics she has taken while on her adventure and I think to myself, how can I compete with all that!!!
She is definitely her father's daughter, with her sense of adventure!
She has met some really nice people too, one in particular she is kind of smitten with...
She's the one in the yellow shirt in the middle!
Where we see cows and horses, she sees......
A sweet baby moose!
So no, our little farm community can not compete with such things, but hopefully the pull of family will eventually bring her HOME!
Until then she is having the time of her life, enjoying all that this great country of ours has to offer!!
Love and miss you my sweet baby girl!!
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Friday, May 15, 2009
I was a new bride and cook. I knew the hubs loved his eggs over easy, yellow a bit runny. Try as I might i had a really hard time getting them to turn out this way, either they were cooked to long and no longer runny or when I went to turn them, I would break the darn center.
(and no this isnt an actual pic of my cooking, I didnt blog then and there where no digital cameras, if I had taken a picture of my cooking efforts it would probably still by in a drawer waiting to be taken to the store to be developed, hehe)
It was a Sunday morning and I thought I would make my man a "biggie" breakfast, this is what we called a breakfast with eggs, toast, bacon, and goetta
(if you dont know what this is, dont ask, it is delicious, but you dont want to know what is in it, it is a Cincinnati thing, lol)
I was so proud of myself, I plated that food up, knowing this was my best effort ever, eggs looked runny, goetta crispy, and the bacon chewy, just the way he likes it all,(yes he is a very picky eater, but I will save that for another post) Finally Success!!
Well...after taking a bite or maybe two,
he said ,babe this just doesnt taste right,
I said in my sweet loving wife way, WHAT DO YOU MEAN? I DID EVERY THING RIGHT THIS TIME!
HE said, it just has an odd taste
And then he asked if I had used THAT, pointing to the can of Pam on the counter, only it wasnt a can of Pam, but a can of Shout stain remover,
That's right, I had accidently sprayed the pan with Shout, instead of Pam, OH MY GOD, I just poisoned my husband, I wondered, would stressful cooking for an extremely picky eater be a good enough defense to keep me out of jail??
I quickly looked up poison controls phone number, and called, the problem was everytime I tried to tell them what I had done, I giggled, kind of like I am doing now. I just couldnt tell the story without laughing, all the while my husband is gagging and thinking he is going to die! Finally they figured out what I had done and told me to tell him to drink lots of water and he should be fine. He was! I have been making this man breakfast for the past 27 years, I could be a short order breakfast cook by now, but I will never make his eggs without thinking about that day all those years ago. Over the years I have been tempted to put another squirt of shout in his eggs, but dont know if they would believe it was an accident the second time!
***UPDATE*** The hubs just got home from work, and I just finished reading him this post, laughing all the way. He said he didnt want all my blog friends to think he wasnt a nice guy. So, he wants me to clarify, he says not wanting to make me feel bad, he swears he forced down allll the eggs and goetta, before he said anything to me, aahh gee, what a guy my husband, no wonder we have been together for 32 years, since I was 15 years old!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
I thought this was funny but oh so true!!
I found this sweet poem and wanted to share it with all of you! I hope that you all have a wonderful day filled with love!
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Thanks to Chari @ Happy To Design for hosting this special Sunday event. This is our chance to see an older post that we may have missed or one that we would like to see again. Be sure to visit her blog to see everyone that is participating. There have been some incredible posts and you really don't want to miss any of them.
**Update**This is a little post I made back on January 18. Since that time our friend came thru his heart surgery with flying colors and we have booked a beautiful home in Sedona, for August, I know it will be hot hot hot, but we have a pool,lol! And this is the view from our side yard, pretty nice huh?? LOL
Also, our daughter Nikki was only gone a month back then, it has been almost 5 months, she made it safely thru another ski season in SLC and she is now working for the summer at a restaurant.
OK now here is the original post, hope you like it!!!
Well I have to say I am quickly, much more quickly than I thought was possible, getting used to being an empty nester. All the things I feared are not coming to pass. I was so afraid that my husband and I would have nothing to talk about, and surprise, we do! I was afraid we would argue, but I have come to realize that what we argued the most about in the past was the kids. Me always trying to stick up for them, when I thought he was being too demanding of them. But now that they are on their own, that is not an issue.
We are having fun doing things together. On Friday night we went to see MArley and Me and out to dinner with friends of ours. We had a great time. I just wish someone, besides the waiter right before we went into the movie, had warned us that it was a definite tear jerker. I can see why it has been the #1 movie, it was just a sweet movie. But my oh my the 4 of us blubbered like there was no tomorrow.
Then on Saturday we went out to dinner with 2 other couples and then back to the one couples house for dessert. After dinner we got online and planned our first big group vacation. We have gone to my parents lake house in Tennessee for long weekends before, but this year we decided that we were going to take a "real" vacation together. Because one of the guys has to have heart surgery this week, he is hesitant to go out of the country this summer, not knowing how good hospitals are on some of these islands. So after much talk, and online research, we have decided on Sedona Arizona. Isn't it beautiful?? Have any of you ever been there? If so, please tell me about it!
We are close to Pheonix, the Grand Canyon, and only 4 hours from Vegas. I am not a gambler, at all, but have always wanted to go there once. It is a destination on several of our bucket lists.
So we found some beautiful homes that we are inquiring about to rent, and checking on airfare. Of course we live 15minutes from Greater Cincinnati Airport, which has the distinction of being the most expensive airport in the USA, so we are also considering departing from other local airports. I am excited, it is so fun to plan vacations, even if they are 6 months away. The planning is almost as much fun as the vacation itself!!
Now go check out all the other Sunday favorites at Happy To Design