Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mothers Day Friends!!

I am sitting here with tears running down my face watching Steel Magnolias and am at the part where Shelby (Julie Roberts) dies and her mom(Sally Fields) is struggling to understand it. What a great movie!! What do you think, do you like it too??



I thought this was funny but oh so true!!



I found this sweet poem and wanted to share it with all of you! I hope that you all have a wonderful day filled with love!

Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me
All the while
And I stop to kiss
That precious smile

8 comments:

Linda / Behind My Red Door said...

I love that movie too - so sad but comforting too.

A very Happy Mother's Day to you as well!

hugs, Linda

Robin said...

I hope you had a most fantastic and wonderful Mother's Day!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :o)

Sonny and Bryan said...

gosh i absolutely LOVE that movie. I watched it on Saturday with my mom and grandma and couldnt help but ball my eyes out. Well what doesnt make me cry, last night during extreme home makeover and brothers and sisters I was near hyperventilation.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Well, if I were with you, I'd be crying, too! What a great movie!

Hope you had a good Mother's Day...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rue said...

What? You don't want to read all my comments???? hehehehe.... Somehow you clicked on something besides comments and I think there should be something at the bottom of the email that should say stop following comments or maybe click on it and it will say it there. They should stop once I post again and people move on though .... LOLOLOL

off to read your posts now :)

Rue said...

I love that movie too and I always cry at that part where the baby is crying because Julia passed out and his daddy comes home.... ugh... so sad!

I hope your Mother's Day was perfect :)

xo,
rue

mbkatc230 said...

Oh yes, I do love that movie. What a tearjerker, but so life affirming at the same time. Great cartoon and poem. Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Kathy

Julie said...

What a great poem, and I love that movie, too. Hope your mother's day was great. Julie