Sunday, May 31, 2009

I HAVE BEEN 8 TAGGED!!


My friend Robin at Alabama Slacker Mom has tagged me in this About Me 8 Tag, this should be FUN!
Now here are the rules...

Yes, there are rules, otherwise this could get CRAZY, lol!

1. Mention the person who tagged you.

2. Complete the list of 8's.

3. Tag 8 other bloggie buddies and let them know they have been tagged.

OK, here we go!!

8 Things I am looking forward to:
1. Seeing Nikki, aka Miss Independent
2. Going to Sedona with our friends
3. Going to the Lake House with friends
4. Redecorating our guest bedrooms
5. Getting my first commission check from selling a bunch of beds for Hoosier Wallbeds
6. Being able to walk again without pain and a limp, this should be #1, I think
7. Being a grandma, but I can wait a couple of years, Bryan and Nikki, did you hear me? lol
8. Getting our house clear of clutter, I have been looking forward to this for a long long time, and the hubs has been too!

8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Woke up on our last day of vacation in Gulf Shores, Alabama
2. Saw a dolphing playing in the Gulf right before we left the condo, it was like, cue the dolphin, make the folks want to come back next year, and we do, lol.
3. Drove almost 12 hours home with the hubs, and my sister and her hubby
4. Finished reading my third book of the week, Honor Thy Self, Danielle Steele, it was good
5. Had lunch at Arby's and an icecream cone from McDonalds, yum!
6. Saw a lady trucker almost run us off the road, gee lady just because you put your turn signal on doesnt mean you can just come on over!
7. Heard that my son's girlfriend, Sonny at Life with Bronny broke her shoulder in 3 places riding Bryan's little dirtbike, poor thing, I hope she doesnt need surgery!
8. Got to see my sweet little furbabies, Dexter and Madison, after being gone for 8 days. Dexter literally leaped into my arms when he saw me, now that is love!

8 Things I wish I could do:
1. Cure my dad's cancer I pray that his doctors can do this!
2. Lose weight
3. Do more to help the poor in our community
4. Juggle, I have always wanted to learn how dont ask me why?
5. I wish I would have tried harder to have more children, when it didnt happen naturally. But that ship has definitely sailed and I will wait to be a grandma.
6. I wish I would have gone to college, yes I know I still can, but I am over it now!
7. I wish I liked the taste of wine, so I could have a glass with my winofriends, I mean my girlfriends, lol.
8. I wish I was a tidier person.
8. I wish I could paint a picture
8. I wish I could play Christmas music on the Piano
8. I wish I would travel more
8. I wish I wasnt such a whimp about so many things!
( Sorry 8 just wasnt enough, ha)
8 Shows I watch:
1. Regis and Kelly
2. Ellen
3. The View
4. Oprah
5. Grey's Anatomy
6. Private Practice
7. American Idol
8. John and Kate Plus 8
( Dont judge me, lol)

8 Favorite Fruits:
1. Apples
2. Bananas
3. Fresh Pineapple, my favorite
4. Strawberries, esp from our garden, I just picked a cup and a half of them this morning, they taste like candy, so much better then store bought!
5. Grapes
6. Oranges
7. Blueberries
8. Pineapple, I know I already listed it, but it is sooo good, I have eatenn it until I had sores in my mouth, dont judge me, ha!

8 Places I would like to go:
1. France
2. England
3. Italy
4. Ireland
5. St Thomas, our friends are building a beautiful home there and we can not wait to check it out!
6. Anywhere on a cruise, esp. Alaska
7. Any other island in the world
8. Basically anywhere with family or friends is good for me!!

8 Places I have lived:
1. Sharonville, Ohio
2. Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania
3. Cincinnati, Ohio
4. Harrison, Ohio (first married)
5. Cincinnati, Ohio (moved back there when our first child was born)
6. Bright, Indiana (built here 20+years ago, and still live here)
7.&8. I am boring these are the only places I have lived, no 7th and 8th.

8 People I have tagged:
1. Sonny @ Life with Bronny
2. Timi @ A girl named Timi
3. Janene @ primitive lifestyles
4. Dot @ Picket's place
5. Kat @ Emptynester
6. Marty @ A Stroll
Thru Life

7. Rue @ Rue's Peanut
butter and Jelly Life

8. I am now tagging everyone else who wants to play along, it is too hard to just tag 8 friends!

12 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Very interesting read! Really enjoyed it, and I love dolphins, too! There were so many things you said from helping the poor to loving pineapple, and I could truly identify. :-)

XO,

Sheila

marty39 said...

Oh my, that's a lot of things on the done list and wish list. I hope you get them all. I so appreciate you tagging me, however I am going to think about what I would include in the list. As soon as I can make a list I will post it. Thanks for thinking of me, this will take some thought. Hugs, Marty

Melanie said...

I got your kind comments. Thank you! I will do a post on the t-shirts in detail today! Email me at melanieshanks35@gmail.com if you have any other questions about them. Your "little sister" is lucky to have you.
Mel

Robin said...

Thank you so much for being such a good sport and doing this! I loved reading all of you "8's"!!! I almost put fresh pineapple on my list twice, too! LOL!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

tale of many cities said...

thanks for dropping by my random world! hope to see ya again sometime :) i am now a new follower,[a.k.a. stalker] so i'll be droppin' back in to see ya at your place!

many blessings,
-Tracie

Picket said...

Hey girl....wow what a great list! I envy you getting to watch dolphins!!!! lol Do you know I have never been to Gulf Shores even!!!! I am just not an ocean person...bad experience when I was younger & I refuse to get in the ocean ever again! lol So we never go to the beaches. But we love going to the mountains in Tenn and we go to the aquarium there in Gatlinburg..once we were at one place and the walkway is like a conveyor belt and you actually go under the fish and it had all kind of ocean creatures and with each thing I saw I was like..'oh my word....Oh My Word...then the sharks went over my head and I was like screaming outloud "OH MY WORD!!!!!!!" LOL LOL

Glad you had a great time and I know you are glad to get back home to your furbabies....it is just so good to always be home...take care sweetie and have a fantastic week ...Get all that laundry washed up and get that sand out of those thongs! (Your flipflops you little doodlehead..what are you thinking!!!! lol)

mbkatc230 said...

Thanks for the tag Sue! I'll be posting this sometime this week, once the whirlwind of the closing is over - I just got home from work an hour ago and have to be back at 6, so things are kind of nuts right now! I loved reading all of your responses. Isn't it funny about the dolphins - when we go to St. George we see most of them on the day we arrive and the day we leave, like you said, almost like they are ambassadors! Hugs, Kathy

Bo said...

Hi Sue...I'm so glad I made it by here today...It is fun to read about bloggers & learn what makes them tick...LOL
Hopefully after our trip I'll be back to regular blogging! ;-) Bo

Timi said...

Thank you so much for inclucding me in your tag. It's always fun to read these things. You learn alot about people. You read their blogs but sometimes you really don't know them. This is a great tag!

I really appreciate you tagging me. We have been gone so much lately that I haven't had a lot of time to get caught up on what everyone is doing. I'm gone again this weekend and next week. I will sooooooo try to get my part of the tag done this next week. I'm off to Farm Chicks this weekend and am so excited. I'm doing a Farm Chicks give away this week. Come on over and enter to win.
Have a wonderful weekend
Timi

Rue said...

Hi Sue :)

Thank you for thinking of me! I'll play along this week sometime ;)

It's so nice to learn more about you!

Oh and about the hummer... we have two H3s, so if you want info on them email me and I'll forward it to Rich. He knows EVERYTHING about them LOL

peanutbutterandjellylife@gmail.com

xo,
rue

Anonymous said...

[url=http://sapresodas.net/][img]http://sapresodas.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]purchase adobe software, [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]icon plugin for acdsee[/url]
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]nero 9 full[/url] buy dreamweaver 8 nero torrent
software for purchase order [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]discount software discount game software[/url] windows xp service pack 2
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]soft sales software[/url] software buy now
[url=http://vioperdosas.net/]free adobe softwares[/url] Collection Mac
adobe software registration [url=http://vioperdosas.net/]to purchase microsoft software[/url][/b]

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I found your website by way of Google at the same time as searching for a similar
matter, your site came up, it looks great. I have bookmarked it in
my google bookmarks.
Hello there, just become alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative.

I am gonna be careful for brussels. I will appreciate should
you continue this in future. Many folks shall be benefited from your writing.
Cheers!

Here is my homepage; fitnesshappiness.com