Friday, July 10, 2009

My really really empty nest

Home Alone at last! That's right my husband is away for the weekend and I am here with only the fur babies to keep me company. Just made a homemade pizza for dinner, the hubs least favorite dinner, but my very Favorite!! YUM! Now what next? Partying until the wee hours, dancing at a local club? Naa, that's not my idea of a fun night. So here i sit, on my computer blog surfing with my feet up. It has been a loong week. This work thing is really cramping my style, but I am finding I really like it alot. It is kind of exciting. The company that I work for The Hoosier Wallbed Co. makes beautiful wallbeds, like the old Murphy beds but with beautiful cabinetry. We also make all kinds of built ins. This week we won a bid on 85 wallbeds for the largest Firehouse in the country which is located in Orlando, FLorida, very exciting stuff!! With the price of real estate high and so many people downsizing, now is a great time for folks to duel purpose a seldom used guest room into a sewing room, a computer room, a study, or even an exercise room. I was home for over 25 years most of them spent babysitting, but being out making appointments, going to lunch, talking adults, it is like a whole new life. I'm not making a bunch of money, YET, lol, but I feel like I am gaining confidence, and experience, and basically becoming a better party guest because of all the new things I have to talk about! LOL
I am off to try to finish my book, that I started last week, another thing that work is getting in the way of, my reading! HA
Have a great weekend everyone, and who knows I may be back, cause there is no one here to ask me not too!!!
Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

marty39 said...

Isn't alone time sometimes the best. Have a great evening and do whatever you want. Hugs, Marty

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I've been by myself this weekend, too, and I had pizza! You should have come over. LOL! Then I went to a friend's house and watched a movie with her. Her husband went to bed early because he had a long week.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Angie said...

I'm glad to hear that you're finding your new job satisfying.

Enjoy your alone time.

mbkatc230 said...

Sometimes alone time is just what we need! Just putz around and do whatever you feel like. Glad that you are finding the job so rewarding. I love the new "murphy" beds, they make so much sense in a room that needs to be multi purpose. Have a great weekend. Kathy

Janene said...

A whole weekend! You lucky lucky girl!
I am so jealous of your quiet alone time!
Enjoy it and visit us often...or not...it's your weekend!

Carmen C. said...

Sounds like my kinda weekend:) ENJOY!

tale of many cities said...

good for you! :D