Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Been Way Too Long

Oh my gosh, it has been eons since I last posted. I have been having trouble with my pics, long story, and didnt want to post about our First Family Dinner without pictures, but then I figured it out, so here goes!!
I told you all about how my husband's family had planned to start having monthly family dinners a while back, well we finally scheduled the first one for Friday July 31. The hubs and I arrived a bit early, you see, they have a really nice built in pool and well, he couldnt resist. Turns out everyone else had the same idea because before you know it we were all there! My sister-in-law was busy finishing up her Chicken LAsagne dish when we arrived. My husband being the very very picky eater that he is wished we would have stopped at Wendys on the way. Smile honey, it's delicious!!

Turns out he would have wasted his money at WEndys, he loved the dish and ended up having 2 helpings! We had a GREAT dinner, along with the lasagne, recipe to follow, we had breadsticks and salad from Olive Garden thanks to Scott's sister, and the most yummy corn on the cob, cooked a really different way. My sister in law Becky got this idea from a friend and I have since used it and given it to many others, it is SOOO simple, and totally delicious!! All you do is place the ears of corn still in the shucks right in your oven, on a cookie sheet or right on the rack, no soaking, no nothing, and cook them for 30 minutes at 350. The shucks, although hot come off in one tug and wow is it moist and yummy, give this a try, I swear it is great, and soo darn easy!


Sorry, I always forget to take before pics!
I made a couple of desserts but the star of the show was definitely the Chicken Lasagne!
Chicken LAsagne
1 pkg no boil lasagne noodles
1 can cr of mushroom soup
1 can cr of chicken soup
1 cup parmesan cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 t garlic powder
1 t pepper
3 cups cooked and chopped chicken
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Blend everything except shredded cheese and noodles
Grease a 9 x 13 pan
Layer as you do regular lasagne
Bake at 350 for 45- 60 minutes, watch it
Let it sit a few minutes before serving, YUM

Open Wide Savanah!!


After dinner it was a quick clean-up and then the kids headed up the street to the local softball/volleyball complex. And it was adult time! We laughed and told stories and laughed the whole evening. What a wonderful evening we all had! We found that it is so fun to get together for no reason other than to enjoy each other's company! I strongly recommend it to everyone!!
This is my husband, far left, and his fun brothers and sisters!

Did I mention that the youngest brother Tony, took a little dip, clothes, wallet, and all??? LOL

The morning after this fun night we had to leave our house at 5 am so we could be at the airport in Dayton, Ohio for our flight to Phoenix, Arizona. I will save our trip for my next post complete with pics, I promise!
Alot has been going on at the Wagner Compound recently! Miss independent, our daughter Nikki, has returned home! How fun! She plans on finishing up her degree in Culinary arts at the local Midwest Culinary Arts Inst. I am thrilled! Our oldest child, Bryan, proposed to his girlfriend at sunrise yesterday on the the beach, and is now engaged! I am so excited and cant wait to hear all the details!!
I am off to get a few things done on my day off!
Now go out and make it a great day and thanks so much for stopping by! Sue

10 comments:

tale of many cities said...

sounds like a great time! the lasagna recipe.. you can make that into a great mexi casserole by exchanging ingredients... trade the pasta for doritos.. and add one can of rotel tomatos & one can of nacho cheese soup.. viola!

Marla said...

I bet Costco baked chiken, boned, would be an easy and tasty choice for the chicken. I'll be trying this recipe soon.

mbkatc230 said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I love the idea of a family get together for no apparent reason, but our family is so spread out it would be difficult. The recipe sounds really good too. Have a great trip and can't wait to see pictures. Kathy

Rue said...

Hi Sue :)

It looks like you had a great time! Was there liquor involved with the pool jumping incident?? LOL

Congratulations on your son's engagement!!

hugs,
rue

marty39 said...

What a fun time you had. I love the corn suggestion. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it. You asked about the fabric store. It is called Home Fabrics in most cities. Some of them have changed their name, but that's a good place to start. Hope you find one. Hugs, Marty

Angie said...

The food looks great. I'll have to tell my parents about the corn on the cob idea - they absolutely love corn on the cob and eat it almost every day in the summer.

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the mοst vital infо foг me.
Anԁ i'm glad reading your article. But should remark on few general things, The web site style is wonderful, the articles is really nice : D. Good job, cheers

My website; tens unit pain relief

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to pay a quick visit this website and reading the views of all friends concerning this post, while I am also keen of getting know-how.

Also visit my web page :: roofing expert oklahoma city

Anonymous said...

Excellent, whаt a weblοg it iѕ!
This blog givеs useful infoгmatiοn to uѕ, κeep it uρ.


Check out my blοg roofing company oklahoma city
my web page :: oklahoma city roofing contractors

Anonymous said...

Try out the installation of some floral containers exterior your house. Consider setting them up with your home windows or about the front side patio railings. They may be a fairly inexpensive home improvement task way too. You must purchase dirt and frequently keep the blooms even though. If these aren't for yourself, attempt buying backyards in planting pots and placing them on the patio or front side methods. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Philan4335d[/url]