Saturday, November 14, 2009

Just Stuff

Nikki, my daughter and I have been doing alot of shopping lately, getting a great start on my Christmas shopping, and having really good luck, so far. I have been able to cross quite a few people off my list. Using Kohls 30% off coupon on top of everything being on sale, I feel like the queen of great deals!
Tonite Nik and I worked on the tags that I put up at our church for the Giving Tree, or angel tree, or whatever you call yours. I have more tags to add but got finished with all the names we have so far. Do any of you have giving trees at your churches? I would love to hear how they handle lost or forgotten tags, it is always a small problem that we have. So this year I am having people "sign out" the tags just so I will have the name of the person who picked the tag in case they lose it or forget about returning the gift. One of my families is a really awesome group, the parents had a few children themselves and then started fostering kids with emotional problems, one by one over the years they have adopted quite a few of their foster kids. They are an amazing family, and I just love helping them out at Thanksgiving and Christmas, they are just so appreciative of everything they receive!
Our food pantry, where I volunteer, will be handing out over 230 turkey dinners with all the fixing next Saturday, what a crazy busy time, but the cool thing is when people come too pick up their food box, they dont even have to get out of their cars, just pull around the back of the pantry give their name and a food box complete with turkey is placed in their car, simple as that!

Tomorrow afternoon, my mom, sister, daughter, and future daughter in law and I are all going to downtown Cincinnati to dinner and then over to watch White Christmas, the new Broadway Series Play, we are all excited. ♥Don't you love the movie White Christmas ♥? **Side note, when Rosemary Clooney got remarried a few years back, my husband's cousin, was hand picked by her to sing at her wedding! He has a wonderful voice and has graciously agreed to sing at my son's wedding next year! if should be great!
Did you notice the hearts in this post?? Most of you probably know how to do this, but, me, I'm a little slow and just found out, from Nikki. IF any of you dont know, it is so simple and works on here, and Facebook, etc. All you have to do is type, & hearts ;(except without the spaces, but when i type it the correct way, it just shows you a heart not the code, lol) this is code to your computer to make a heart whereever you want it, so simple, how did I not know this, lol! Thanks Nikki, ♥ you!
I guess I have rambled long enough, If you are still reading this, thanks so much for stopping by! I so ♥love♥ a nice comment, it is like getting a letter in the mail! Have a great week! Sue
**Note** I appologize for all the ♥ but they are fun,and its like having a new toy!! LOL

5 comments:

Marla at Always Nesting said...

I ♥ your blog!

Picket said...

Hey girl....ohhh got your pretty Christmas background going already...don't you just love going to plays and movies with family...baby girl Jen wants me to go see the Christmas Carol with her in a few days...I love this time of year! Neat idea on the hearts..on my old computer I just held down the Alt button and pressed the #3 to make hearts! lol

What a wonderful thing your church does for the families in the community.. in these times so many families especially with children are just feeling such a sense of hopelessness and don't know what to do..

Thanks for coming by sweetie...have a beautiful Sunday!!!! ~Picket~

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your little hearts, and I want to thank you for the tutorial. ♥ I tried it, now let's see if I did it correctly!

That is so neat that your husband's cousin is going to be able to sing at your son's wedding. He must have a sensational voice if Rosemary Clooney had him sing at her wedding. WOW!

I got a Kohl's $10 off card, and I thought about going by there today. But I'm blogging. So maybe tomorrow???

Glad you've made a dent in your shopping and that you are going to be able to see that neat muscial.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Yea! The ♥ worked!

XO,

Sheila ♥

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Always enjoy my stops at your blog.....I need to know how to do the hearts also...