Friday, December 18, 2009

A little bit of this and a little bit of.......

I was just reminded that I hadnt updated on our little Keegan....Well I am so happy to report that according to his daddy, my little brother, he is almost 100%. Still a little skinny, but he is eating. So again, Thank you all so very much for all of your prayers!!!
In other news. Yesterday was take Nikki, Miss Independent, to the airport day. I wonder, does it ever get easy to drop your baby, now almost 23 years old, off at the airport? I have to think not! She landed safely, thank the lord, and is so happy to be back in the land that she loves, with the boy that she loves, lol. I know alot of skiing will be taking place while she is there. Her boyfriends family has alot of fun Christmas/ 90th Birthday events planned while she is in town, so I am sure a great time will be had! She will be missed, of course, but what is a mom to do, I want my girl to be happy, and skiing in SLC with her boyfriend, makes her very happy!!
Today I plan on doing a little shopping, and then meeting a dear friend for lunch at Olive Garden, salad and breadsticks, here I come!! My friend, MAryAnn, and I met probably almost 28 years ago, when we both went to work as tellers for a local bank. We quickly became great frirnds! Getting married within months of each other and then becoming pregnant at almost the same time. I just found out that her daughter, a little older than my son is going to make her a grandma in 2010! I am so happy for her! It seems like only yesterday that I was going to a babyshower for her and now, here she is going to be a grandmama! Incredible how quickly time passes!
Tomorrow is the hubs and my 28th Wedding anniversary. But that is for another post, I have to get off this computer and get some work done. Have a great day everyone, and I look forward to talking to you real soon! Sue

6 comments:

Marla at Always Nesting said...

Oh, I know, I know. Our girls grow up and darn if they don't become the women we've raised them to be :) I have to take youngest DD to the airport on Tuesday. She will be spending Christmas in California with our long time friends. It's hard to let go....

Lori E said...

Your daughter is dating a 90 year old? Lol.
My eldest just got back into town. I am lucky to have everyone around at Christmas.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I hope you enjoy your anniversary! Happy 28th! You are a little behind us (we are over 30 and counting!)... and I hope your daughter has a great time with the boyfriend's family at Christmas. Sounds like fun to be skiing and celebrating a 90th birthday, too!

I'm delighted about your nephew! PTL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jenny said...

Such good news about your adorable nephew. And I'm sorry you have this sadness in your Christmas. Letting go is so much harder then you ever think it will be.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I hope the anniversary went well, Sue, and I'm back to wish you all the joys of Christmas. Hope yours is a very merry one!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Robin said...

Thanks for the sweet comment about my ugly deer head...lol!

OK, to cross a word out...I'm going to try posting this here, but everywhere there is a "space" in my code, leave the space out. The blogger comments section doesn't allow that kind of HTML code...lol!

< del > insert word you want crossed out < / del >

That should do it! :o)

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)