Sunday, February 21, 2010

I love this look!

A couple of weeks ago my friend/work partner and I were in Indianapolis working at our Wall Bed booth, at the home show for 10 days. This home show is a really nice one and they even built a 2300 square foot home in the middle of the building! We loved the way the home was decorated this year. The theme was, going green, using what you have, and then really did that in a beautiful way! After my first tour thru the house I knew I wanted to go back and take pics for you my Blog friends! So here you go,
Enjoy....
Front

Back






































So, what do you think?? Don't you like what they did with the doors, kitchen table, the 1/2 door game table. What about the candles covered with old book pages? Cool huh? I have never seen rolling pins standing vertically, love that! The fabric on the chair and window treatment, french wording, oh la la! The ladder over the island, the cloches with the antique tools in them, so many fun ideas, do you like it? Would love to hear what you have to say! Have a great day! Sue

15 comments:

tale of many cities said...

think the use of the old doors is fantastic! however, i don't care much for the window treatments.. seem too hodge podge and heavy. also, i think the kitchen design is way too dark and too much 'stuff'.. i'm from the school of thought that a little goes a long way. oh! and loved the chair w/ the script fabric. :)

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Thanks for the view . . . the pics were great. Loved how the doors were used! Thanks for sharing!

mbkatc230 said...

I really like alot of this, I love the use of the old doors. And the chair with the script - drool! Some really ideas, thanks for sharing these. Kathy

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

What a great home show, ours are never that creative here. Just your typical booths of stuff and pamphlets to collect. Oh well, lovely pics of a lovely home. Love the use of the old doors as well and there are a couple of ideas I would love to incorporate in my own home, such as the sliding barn door track.

Robin said...

I LOVE how they reused all of those doors! Fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing with us!

{{HUGS}}

Robin :o)

Traci@ Beneath My Heart said...

Wow! Those are some gorgeous pictures with some great ideas! I loved the tapered candles. So cute.
Thanks for sharing!
Traci

Gucci Mama said...

What a gorgeous kitchen! I love it!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

Thanks for stopping by, appreciate your kinds words . . bunnies are addicting, aren't they? Thanks again, have good evening!

The Muse said...

My heart is dancing about like a school girl in love...lol
yes, i adore those shots...wow..i met you on a great picture day!

Donna said...

Hi...just found you and love your post. I have never seen a door used in so many ways...some really good ideas to repurpose things! Stop by for a visit sometime.

Picket said...

hey girl....I saw alot of great kitchen ideas!!!! loved those rolling pins and the old doors!! I bet is was wonderful to see all that in person! Hope you're having a great week girl! ~Picket~

Jenny said...

I love so much of this. What do they do with the house when it is over? Does somebody move it? Love the ladder for the potrack, too. Clever, clever. Love that script chair!

Jamie said...

Wow! So many great ideas all in one place. I love the way they used the old doors and windows! I've always wanted to go to a home show, so thanks for taking us along!

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

OMG I too am in LOVE with this house decor! Thanks for sharing what inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

Can someone help me find it?

Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

Thanks