Friday, May 21, 2010

Planning A Trip With The 'Rents

The Hubs and I are planning a vacation with the 'rents, the parents I mean, and my sister and her husband too. This is a picture of the group that went together on vacation last year. The couple on the right, my youngest brother and his wife and the adorable little boy between my parents arent making the trip this year as they have added an adorable little girl to their growing family and she is just too small to travel, maybe next year!


We were supposed to be going to this beautiful condo in Gulf Shores, again this year, but with the oil spill, we have become fair weather friends and switched our trip to Amelia Island, Florida, on the Atlantic side.

We feel really bad for the Gulf Shore tourist businesses, but this year we are only going to be able to go on 1 one week vacation, and I didnt want it ruined by the darn oil spill, damn you BP!
I am feeling guilty even taking a vacation this year, because the hubs has been laid off since the end of January, and the new business, see this previous post, has taken up alot of our savings, but I really feel the need to go on this trip to spend time with my parents. Dad has colon cancer for the second time. Don't get me wrong he is sailing thru chemo, but you just never know. So money be damned, maybe we won't be able to pay off our visa card this month for the first time ever, but somethings are worth more than a good credit report! Oh well, it's just money, right??
I also feel guilty leaving home because of our two little fur babies. I know this is silly, but i was actually sick to my stomach worrying about who would take care of them while we are away. Thank God, my bosses son, Dillan, a really great 19 year old kids has agreed to stay at the house and take care of my babies! I am so relieved. Do any of you get worked up about your fur babies? I guess I want to know that I'm not the only crazy lady out there, lol.
Amelia Island is in the upper most part of Florida, does anyone know anything about the area?? Savannah Ga, and St Augustine Ga are a short drive away, and I think we would like to go visit them. My question is has anyone there, and if so what do we want to check out while we are there.
Would love to hear your thoughts as always, I will post again soon, well as soon as i can. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Always Nesting said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and I think you are so smart to put your parents first, especially with what your dad is dealing with. Life is so uncertain not to make memories when you can.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that worries about my furry girl when we travel. We often take our girl with us when we take road trips, she's a wonderful traveler and our stuff just goes on top in the carrier.

Lori E said...

I agree you should go. Nothing is worse than regrets. Not a credit card bill, not a fur baby.

mbkatc230 said...

Sounds like a wonderful place. I've never been, but my SIL has and loves it. And being close to Savannah and St. Augustine is such an added bonus, both are places I would love to visit. I agree with Marla, you have to make your memories while you can. Have fun! Kathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

We welcome you to the Atlantic side! I think you are going to love Amelia Island. There is lots to do there, and if you get bored, hop in the car and come see St. Augustine. There is tons to do there, and kids love it! It's a little over an hour by car.

XO,

Sheila :-)

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Have a great trip and I hope your Dad is well soon!

I worry about my fur baby alot when we go away but luckly our son lives a short distance away and will look after her.

Also, never ever thought I would find someone who slept with a fan! I have for years and have to take one with us on trips if I know there isn't one in the place we are going. Should we form a club, lol!

Dogmom Diva said...

Go, have a great time and make wonderful memories..there is ALWAYS a credit card bill. Always.

I am horrible worrier about our dogs when we leave..we live a few blocks from my brother and elderly parents and they do a good job coming over and taking care of them. But yes, always a worry.

Have a great time!
Barb