Friday, June 11, 2010

Calling All Crafters

Silly me, I must be the most unobservant gal around. I have just discovered a place not 5 miles from my house that manufactures dowel rods. The cool part about this is that everyday they literally throw huge garbage bins of dowel rods away. All sizes from 1/4 inch to 2+inches. In all lengths too. I have bought dowel rods in the past and they are pricey!
Now my question to all of you super creative gals is...WHat can I do with all this new found free stuff??? I feel a need to use these, I love FREE stuff! So please I would so appreciate your taking a minute to give me an idea of what to do with all this wood!
And if you live in Se Indiana near Cincinnati, give me a call, I might share my source, lol.
Thanks ladies! sue

4 comments:

Robin said...

Hmmmmmmm, what to do, what to do? There has got to be something to do with all of that beautiful wood. I did find a site where you can make knitting needles out of them....but really, how many knitting needles does a person really need?

{{{HUGS}}}}

Robin :o)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

My cousins wife has a super neat closet that has long dowels, and they are for tablecloths. She has a wonderful collection of them. It is a very narrow closet space, and she has them all in there. You could probably store them in an attic that way, too. Or quilts if you collect them or blankets.

I am so sorry we didn't get to meet when you were down our way. I got tied up with more things involving the funeral of my friend, and it just seemed to take on a life of its own. If you come back next year, I would love to have you and your family over for lunch at my house (provided we haven't sold it!). Hope you had fun on your stay!

XO,

Sheila

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

The smaller dowels I would use for storing spools of ribbons, making like a paper towel type holder with them. Nothing like free stuff! Cathy

scrappydee said...

I was going to suggest the ribbon idea but make ribbon boxes (made from shoe boxes) to give as gifts to any of your crafty friends!