Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Has It Really Been 30 Years??

How is it posible that it has been 30 years since I graduated from highschool? I can still remember the drill team practices, the teachers, the football games, the weekend parties, like they were well, if not yesterday, then certainly not 30 whole years ago. But alas, it is true. 30 years ago I did graduate from Colerain Sr High School, in Cincinnati, Ohio, home of the Colerain fighting Cardinals!

People say time flies and wow that is an understatement.
Seeing everyone on Saturday should be alot of fun. Even more fun now that I have gotten a jump start in renewing my friendships via Face Book. The planning committee has opted for a very laid back reunion, and are holding it at a park just minutes from our old school. Who needs a fancy hall and a dj, we are there to see old friends and classmates to talk and catch-up, no loud dj music needed. I now live less than 30 minutes away, so i wont be getting any award for person who traveled the farthest to get there. My mom reminded me to bring pics of the kids, and business cards, that woman, she is always thinking, lol. Scott is going with me, he has a brother who graduated in 1980 with me, I'm still trying to talk him into going, so he knows alot of people too. Back in the day I weighed 110 pounds, and I thought I was huge, well, I now weigh alot more than that, I wish I had lost some weight, but that just didnt happen, so they are just going to have to love me the way I am, and if not, I am ok with that. I did buy a new pair of sandals, and looked for a new outfit, but that didnt happen either, oh well! It's gonna be a scorcher 90+ degrees, lets just pray that the humidity is lower! Please God!
I'll post again after the big day, and give you all the gory details, of our Wild and Crazy, class of 80, yes we know it really doesnt rhyme, lol, wish me luck!! And as always thanks for stopping by, Sue

5 comments:

mbkatc230 said...

Wow, have fun Sue! I missed my 30 (2 years ago) because it conflicted with our annual beach trip and we already had the house paid for lol. I have been in contact with so many friends via Facebook, so hopefully I'll have more advance notice for the next one. Have a great time. Kathy

Nancy's Notes said...

Oh Sue, you'll have the time of your life! Okay, we can't wait for the the, ahem, details!!

Nancy

Robin said...

I hope you have a wonderful and fantastic time! I can't wait to hear all about it!

{{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

Been 40 years for me. So 30 is nothing. :=)

Pamela
WV

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Wow - hope it's lots of fun. It has been 45 years for me! Yikes! Oh, does your pastry chef daughter try out her homework on you? Yum. Linda