Thursday, July 1, 2010

Blogger Inspired Projects!







I used to make crafts, lots of them, but slowly I lost my inspiration, my will, my crafty touch. But reading blog post after blog post has suddenly awakened my inner crafter, and I am slowly starting to create again. I am a great, well pretty good, copier of ideas and here are a few ideas that I have recently "borrowed".
For the first pic, I scoured the local GW for a wood cheese dome and a wooden candle stick. I gorilla glued them together and spray painted them, love it!!
I bought some pretty buttons at JoAnn's when then had them 50% off, removed the backs and glued them to the ring blanks that I bought on Ebay. Easy peasy and the most one of them cost me to make was 50cents. Gosh, my hands look old, no comment please, lol.
And lastly APRONS, lots and lots of Aprons. I now have about 25 completed, and have no idea what I am going to do with them. I am sure to figure something. If nothing else, my pastry chef daughter will put them to good use!
So thank you, all of you creative bloggers, for reinspiring an old crafter like myself!!

9 comments:

Robin said...

I am the same way!! I will do nothing forever, and then I will spend an afternoon cruising through blogs and I'll be inspired to do twenty projects! LOVE everything you've done....especially the aprons! *wink*

{{{HUGS}}}

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Wow you really have been on a roll. Gorgeous things. Keep up the good work. I am impressed. Hugs, Marty

Lori E said...

There are so many great projects and ideas on the blogs they make my head spin. I can add yours to the mix.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Love what you've been doing! I need to find my inner crafter. Even though I am not that talented in terms of crafts, I always admire others' work! You did a super job on yours! Keep on craftin'...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jen~ Lipstick and Laundry said...

Blogland is so AWESOME... I love getting ideas!

The Pleasures of Homemaking said...

Those button rings are so cute! I haven't seen that before.

Isn't it nice to get some inspiration. Keep at it!

Manuela

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sue, you've been a busy and creative crafter! Your cloche turned out great! Wow! Those pretty rings for 50 cents! The apron looks so cute. laurie

Donna said...

It's always fun to get creative! Last year I made about 25 aprons myself for a tea that our church was having. Most of them went with the ladies that wore them but I still had quite a few. Slowly but surly I have given most of them away...I did make a really pretty scrappy quilt from all the leftovers!

Tammy@ Not Just Paper and Glue said...

Beautiful projects!