Saturday, September 18, 2010

This and That

We are two thirds thru the month of September already, only 2 days until the official start of FALL, aahhh my favorite time of year!! I finally started pulling out my Fall decorations, this is REALLY late for me, but it was my first chance to do it.
Last weekend we went away to my parents lake house at Norris Lake, in Tennessee, with good friends for a few days, we had a great time. About 17 years ago my parents bought this house, about 4 hours from their home in Cincinnati,there it is, the creamy one in the middle of the pic.

Oh and that's my husbands arm you see in the pic too. He's a sun worshiper, ha!
We, my brothers and sisters and all of our families have so enjoyed this house, lots of great memories made there.
Here are a few pics from the inside and outside of their home.





When our parents bought this it was actually one of the larger homes around the lake at 3500 sq ft. But now, I think our house could fit in the living room of the MONSTER homes that surround the lake, here are a few that are amazing.




We think they are all in the 10,000 to 15,000 sq foot range, omg,
I mean like what the heck do these people do for a living?? Doctor, Lawyer, Wall Street Mogul, own the chain of Foot Lockers, oh wait that is true, or at least his xwife does, she got it in the divorce settlement,Drug Lord?? These people don't live at the lake they dont rent them out, it is there second or possibly even third house. I mean they are HUGE and oh so pretty!


To see these houses in person, is so impressive, and it isnt like there are just a handful of them, so many people, soooo much money. And they just keep getting bigger and bigger, this is keeping up with the Jones to the tenth degree!!
If you get a chance to visit Tennessee, make a point of taking a boat ride on Norris Lake, it is a beautiful clear lake with beautiful homes on one side and a gorgeous wildlife preserve on the other, well worth the trip!
Tomorrow is the shower my mom is hosting for my future daughter in law. It should be a beautiful day, we cant wait!! Look for a new post soon, I hope, thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Marla @ Always Nesting said...

Lucky you to get to visit parents and be in such a great vacation spot. Those photos are beautiful. The homes are stunning.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

What a lovely place to spend the last few days of summer. We've had nothing but rain here, so I am quite jealous of all the sunshine! Happy Fall decorating! Cathy

Robin said...

GORGEOUS!!! My parents (now my mom) has a small cabin on a local lake. When we go out in the boat, there are HUGE houses all over just like this. I'm with you...WHAT do these people do???

{{{{HUGS}}}}

Kat said...

What a beautiful place to make special memories with your family. I bet your parents are glad they bought when they did! I know what you mean about the huge houses, where on earth do people have that kind of money? I wonder if they call them cottages LOL Kat

Work in progress said...

What a beautiful way to spend a weekend! Beautiful!

Janean said...

wowzah indeed! that's the question my honey and i ask all the time, *how do these people afford such HUGE homes on fabulous lots????*

your parents were wise to buy when they did...what great memories must this place represent!

Mary Elizabeth said...

It always happens...beautiful, cozy cottages become surrounded by large McMansions. Some call that progress, I don't!
I'm guessing that a good majority of "those people" are in over their heads!
What a beautiful area to visit and spend time with your family.

M.E.

Anonymous said...

fake naked pics of demi lovato http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude nudes of demi lovato

Anonymous said...

taylor swift & nude photos taylor swift naked

Anonymous said...

I am wondering just what Neil thinks with that!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Christmas Blessings to you and your family, From my mountain to yours Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i discovered this web site.Added ahrfamilyproperties.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Anonymous said...

I am Glad i ran across this web site.Added ahrfamilyproperties.blogspot.com to my bookmark!