Saturday, June 18, 2011

Garage Sale SUCCESS!!

Let me start by saying I have never been much of a garage sale gal.  But reading all of your fabulous blogs and seeing all the amazing things a lot of you find at garage sales, has really inspired me to give them a try.  I have a friend, Charlene, Miss leney to all of the little ones she babysits for, who I knew was a garage sale kind of gal.  So I gave her a call to see if she would be hitting some of the garage sales I have seen posters for in our little town, and SHE WAS!  We decided to meet at 8 am.  I woke up to rain a nice drizzle really, and gave her a call to see if she still wanted to go, and she did, so Game ON!  The rain kept a lot of houses from opening, but we did manage to find several neighborhoods that open for business, and I managed to find a few fun things……garage sale finds 6-18-11 001

I couldn’t pass up this white table for $3, it is solid and will work great on my front porch.  I bought the pic for $1 and plan on making a chalkboard out of it, so stay tuned.  You can barely see the old bird cage behind the picture, but it just spoke to me and for $3 I couldn’t pass it up.  garage sale finds 6-18-11 003

I loved this wood caddy, and at $1.50 I just had to bring it home, I pictured pinecones, greens, etc.  for a pretty Christmas decoration. 

garage sale finds 6-18-11 006

Oh and did you notice my best find of the day??  An old chicken coop, I just was reading Layla and Kevin’s Blog over at The Lettered Cottage, and saw them decorate Kevin’s mom’s porch with a chicken coop coffee table, very inspirational and for $17 I knew I had to grab it.  I got online and looked and saw some for sale for $50, so me thinks I got a great deal!!!garage sale finds 6-18-11 009

Thanks for stopping by, I cant wait until next weekend!! 

Sue

5 comments:

Holly said...

I'll double the price that you paid for that table!!! Love it. Great finds!

Jenn said...

I bet your house is amazing. I especially love the candle stick! I'm following you back!

BluBabesCreate said...

Congratulations on your garage sale success! Come see some reupholstery.

Parents of a Dozen said...

What a nice find! Great price! I am your newest follower.

Anonymous said...

It certainly is factor to remember that you might be by law ready to obtain just one cost-free backup of one's credit history out of every single three big credit agencies (TransUnion, Experian, and also Equifax) annually. These kind of no cost credit history definitely don't incorporate your credit scores, but the truth is can get your absolutely free annually credit files and buying ones people's credit reports here. Each and every credit standing fees about the same as being a typical regular monthly membership rights fee regarding signing up any kulutusluotto corporation.

http://www.bestlinkforever.com/story.php?title=kulutusluotto-1000
http://www.rideorwrong.com/blogs/post/2384