Tuesday, June 14, 2011

While The Girls Away.... I will redecorate her room!!

Our daughter, Nicole, moved to San Diego, yeah I know, rough life, lol, at least for the summer. She will be back for 2 months for 2 classes SEptember-Oct, and then who knows, ha! But in the mean time, I decided to redecorate her room, I love it, and she loves it, thank goodness!! I used many ideas that I have found on various blogs to make this room pretty, and on a very very small budget. Of course I totally didnt think to take a before pic.


Some shells from our Florida vacation last summer



This was an ugly garage sale chair with a pink satin seat cover. HA, not any more!



I saw a similar wall art on Craftberry Bush's site I like hers better, but for a first attempt, i was pretty happy with mine. One of the boards cracked when i was assembling, but since it was supposed to look warn and aged, i kept it.



Big Lots had a basket of starfish for $6 I separated it out to use in this room




My inspiration picture, from where else, HOME GOODS!!




I painted a goodwill find candlestick, and framed a piece of the chair fabric for a cheap piece of art, I had the frame.





I dumpster dived to grab these two great chippy windows, which my husband told me I really should sand and paint, WHAT, the chippy look is so in I said, and he said, shaking his head, whatever, ha! The little bedside table was another thrift store find. The pillows are from my favorite retail store, Home Goods!



The wicker chair was a castoff from my sister, and the little desk was a flea market find.
And Here she is in all her glory. The pretty chandy was an overstock find, i love it!!


So, what do you think?? I love it, and really thank so many blogs for the wonderful inspiration I get everyday from so many many talented ladies. I am not going to try to link up to some parties, but never having done it, we'll see if that happens, lol!
Thanks from stopping by! sue

Update: I have linked up to several linky parties including Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Chic Cottage
Also at Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
I've also linked up to Miss Mustard Seeds Furniture Feature Friday
And Sunday Showcase at Under the Table and Dreaming

14 comments:

Selina@CreativeJuicesDecor said...

Hi Sue!! The room is FANTASTIC! I love the soft yellows agains the creamy whites. The upholstry on the garage sale chair really made it nice. Everything was great! A few tips on your blog, since your picture are so wonderful, make them big!!! Also, go link up girl! If it wasn't for those party link ups I would have 10 followers, no one can find us otherwise :-) Thanks for stopping by my blog and I'm flattered if I helped with any of the inspiration for that pretty room.

"Alone again.... naturally!" said...

Love the little desk and chair and love love love the headboard idea! A great room!

Red Door Home said...

Great redo! The windows were a great find. I would have left them alone too!

Meg said...

Uh, it looks AWESOME! I love the chippy window as a headboard!! What a great idea! (No we don't paint chippy paint! Hubs will learn that's a big no-no!) ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I would love to visit your site again, but all the green (?) print is unreadable! Honestly...I can't read a word you have written. The black comes through fine. Hmmm...Hope you can fix that 'cuz this looks like a good place to visit! Thanks. Lynn

Delaney said...

Love this so much! I love the beach, so of course this room is perfect! Also, using the old windows as a headboard is ingenious! I'm a new follower.

http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

Robin said...

I love, love, love this! Such a calm, relaxing room! I love how you made the sign from that inspiration piece and I am totally in love with that fabric! Great job my friend!

La-Dee-da crafter said...

This is so cute. I love your wood sign above the bed and the windows behind the bed. Your little touches are amazing.
What a great room!!!
following you now. I love your blog and style.

The Not So Functional Housewife said...

I love this room! The colors are wonderful! The headboard is such a great idea.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

It looks lovely! I love the old windows as the headboard! And yes... chippy paint is in! lol Thanks for linking up to this week's Catch a Glimpse party.

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

You did such an amazing job! I think the headboard is my favorite part! So glad I stumbled upon your blog and your fab ideas!

Lori E said...

Sand and paint????? Men!
You did a great job. Your inspiration picture led you down a very pretty path. I love that color green.
I am trying to visit every one of my blog followers. Some I am in contact with all the time but others have been MIA and we have lost touch. I want all of my blog buddies to know that I appreciate them.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Sue, The room is beautiful and I love the colors. The headboard made from windows is also fabulous.
xo,
Sherry

Yanet @ 3 Sun Kissed Boys said...

I love the headboard!! The entire room looks great! Isn't Home Goods awesome?!